Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bittersweet

It wasn't my fault. But I'd like to think it wasn't yours either. See, I'd like to think and remember things about you differently. I'd like to see you in a different, better light. At least that's who you were and what I saw when I first met you. You were shattered, hurt, and desperately crying for help. How it seemed like you would do and give up everything just to lose all that pain inside you. You know I did everything I could to put you back in one piece.

I always made sure that you're at your best by giving you assurance that you have me to lean on. But the stupid lover that I am, and the manipulative person that you are, I fell for you. It's easy to fall for someone when you see them at their best. I'm sorry, it wasn't my fault to fall.

Sadly, things change. People change. Whatever your reason was, you've changed. Suddenly, everything about us seemed to be world's apart from your perspective. I slowly realized, you're done, moved on, and that you don't need me anymore. Tongue-tied and dumbfounded, I don't know what to say. I know it wasn't my fault. But I would like to think it wasn't yours either.

No comments: