Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Back to School

So we're required to write a blog for our CWTS1 class. I have decided to use my little corner of the internet to air out my thoughts.

It was my second time last night to attend an online class. We used Yahoo Messenger as the primary medium of communication for another subject just a few years ago. We experienced a lot of technical difficulties making it less enjoyable then. I'm glad to say that today, technology-wise, computers have more-than-enough hardware specs and the ISPs can provide higher bandwidth capacities which are more stable and faster. Not to mention that there are a lot of great online teaching tools the instructors may use and choose from.

The discussion last night was about citizenship. There were a lot of ideas and each of my eager classmates had a lot of thought-provoking insights to share (specially when it comes to politics.) The scroll speed of the chatbox was nothing short of insane. I hope Prof. V. didn't have a hard time catching up (to think she was also feeling a bit under the weather.) I thought she discussed the topic pretty well and I was able to understand most of it.

I think the gist of citizenship is that we have our responsibilities (following the law) to ensure our "needs" are met from a fully-working society. At the same time, what we "want" in life (e.g., success) will give us the fulfillment in which only a successful society can provide.

See you all again in class.

No comments: