Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Little People

Today, I am going to teach the kids about “Cities”… or the concept of communities. I asked the kids to try and recall what they see around them on their way to school and to draw it on paper. 

Marwell, the rowdiest of the bunch, was trying to remember his neighbor’s name, and for some reason, had the urge to shout the name out loud after he remembered it. Teacher Grace shushed him but he won’t stop talking, even purposely forgetting to say “po”. Ramsey, another kid (who I think is the brightest) shouted at Marwell “Hoy, ang bastos mo, wala kang galang!” Marwell, feeling humiliated, smirked and quieted down to continue with his artwork. I can only guess what other interesting things happen inside the classroom during the days when I’m not there.


Moving on, it was a fun activity for most of the kids. But for JM, he doesn’t quite feel like doing the task. He seemed bored; as if his thoughts were wandering away to some fantasy land where kids can do anything they want and eat all the sweets to their heart’s content--that or according to teacher Grace, maybe JM wasn’t feeling too well.


I gave them all something to eat after class and they were all ecstatic. I’m finally getting used to being around the kids. :)

No comments: